Wednesday 15 October 2008

And the winner is . . .


. . . Stephen Harper and the Conservatives. Well, the Canadian election is over, and we're basically back where we were before the thing was called. Three elections in four years!

Anyway, someone recently reminded me of my interest in political cartooning/illustration. I thought this was the perfect time to see if I could make some headway in that field. Hopefully, this will be the first of several post-election, party leader portraits.

The 63% on the box he is standing on, represents the percentage of votes cast against him, and for the other political parties.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Contact me: said...

Wow... This pic makes you look like a physic now eh?

Chris Chuckry said...

Well, he was giving pretty big hints before he called the election--ignoring his own "election every four years" law, ignoring subpoenas, trying to control media access. It's a long list of suspect behaviour and decision making.

I gave him the benefit of doubt when he was first elected, but haven't been impressed.