Friday 25 November 2011

Map of a Heart


Here is a piece from one of my sketchbooks. A quick editorial-type illustration mapping a heart's experience with some people and things we typically associate with love.

I spend most of my days working in comic book and related genres. As a result, when I sketch, many related themes and stylistic influences find their way into my drawings. While I enjoy comic, fantasy and horror art, I also love children's book illustration, editorial art and many schools of painting. Lately I've been feeling a need to simplify my work, in an attempt to communicate the idea with less distraction. That doesn't mean I'll give up doing more detailed pieces. It does mean that I'll try to be thinking more graphically from time to time.

This is a pencil and marker heart, drawn in one of my moleskine sketchbooks. It is © Chris Chuckry.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments: